Showdown was formed in the mid 90’s with an ad posted in Acton Music that read “Wanted: Dead Or Alive – Players for a Country Rock Band !
A local band out of Maynard, Showdown covers the best of Southern rock & classic rock from the 60’s through the 2000’s with a danceable flavor as well. Showdown spent many nights on the stage of the Sit N’ Bull and played several years at Motorcycle Weekend in Laconia NH at The Smokehouse. The also headlined the Maynard Octoberfest for over 10 years and have brought their country rock set to many other venues in the area. They have shared a stage with Ronnie Earl, Fat City Band, Memphis Train and Eddie Money at the Mohegan Sun Festival in Maynard.
Their song list includes artists like The Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Creedence Clearwater, Outlaws, Eagles, Shania Twain, Fleetwood Mac and Linda Ronstadt.
This event at Sanctuary marks Showdown’s debut return and with it being Halloween weekend, we encourage everyone to come in costume!
- Lead Vocals/Guitar: Joe Barber (currently also with 8-Track Mind and The Southern Rock Experience)
- Lead Vocals: Avis Barber (currently also with Crash & Burn)
- Lead Guitar: David Dreher (currently also with Drive South and The Verge)
- Lead and Backing Vocals/Bass Guitar: Steve Ryan (currently also with The Southern Rock Experience and Wicked Betty & The Bad Habits)
- Keyboard /Vocals: Bob Peterson (currently also with Rumour Hazit, Drive South & 8-Track Mind)
- Drums /Jokes: Harley Halig (currently also with Mumbo Jumbo)
Tickets $15/Advance $20/Door
Doors open at 7:00 PM
Events starts at 8:00 PM