Dear Friends and Supporters of the MFAT,
With our up-coming PRE-OPENING Oscar Nominated Shorts Special Event now only one week away, we want to update you on the final details, so we can all work together to make this an exciting, successful, and fun experience for all.
7 pm – Saturday, March 26th – doors open at 6pm
3 pm – Sunday, March 27th – doors open at 2pm
The Theatre Creamery will be open at 6pm and 2pm
Admission is free, but to ensure a safe and comfortable viewing experience, we are limiting seating in each theater, and tickets are required for cinema seating.
Tickets can be picked up at the there on:
- Friday, March 25th between 5-7pm (limit of 4 tickets per person)
- Saturday, March 26th between 4-6pm
- Sunday, March 27th between 1-3pm
It is important that you request your tickets for the specific day and theatre.
- Theatre 1 (300 seat capacity) will be showing 5 Oscar Nominated Live Action Shorts, followed by the 5 Animation Shorts (total running time of approx 3 hours) on both days.*
- Theatre 2 (120 seat capacity) will be showing the 5 Oscar Nominated Documentary Shorts (total running time of approx 3 hours) on both days.*
*This makes it possible to see all 15 ONS films in 6 hours over 2 days.
Since we have limited capacity, we would encourage all serious movie
enthusiasts to arrive early, not only to ensure getting the tickets of
your choice, but also a convenient parking space. (The Maynard Library has
graciously offered the use of their parking lot around the corner to
accommodate additional cars).
And, if you do arrive early, we would encourage you to frequent one of the
many fine local restaurants in and around downtown Maynard.
Thank you for the initial strong support and encouragement you have shown
us to date. We look forward to greeting you at the our Oscars weekend “Pre-Opening
Special Event”…and ask for your patience and understanding in appreciating
the complexity of this undertaking.
Les Gordon and Dafna Krouk-Gordon